Ally.io, now known as Microsoft Viva Goals, is a popular goal-setting and execution management tool used by individuals and teams in various industries. While the platform offers several benefits, users may encounter challenges or may feel that they require more functionality that was originally provided.
While Microsoft Viva Goals is a useful tool for goal setting and execution management, it may not meet the needs of all users or teams. As a result, users may need to consider Microsoft Viva Goals alternatives to find a solution that better fits their requirements.
By exploring Microsoft Viva Goals alternatives, you can find a platform that better aligns with your goals and workflow. A platform that leads you to increased productivity and success.
In this blog, we will review five Microsoft Viva Goals alternatives you must check to increase efficiency of your goal-setting process.
Top 5 Microsoft Viva Goals Alternatives
Peoplebox is a widely adopted OKR and performance management solution that aims to foster an outcome-driven culture and rapid execution. It caters to the needs of large-scale organizations by offering a platform that aligns, tracks, and achieves strategic priorities and cross-functional goals with minimal software adoption hassles.
As a Y Combinator-backed platform, Peoplebox leverages the integration capabilities of popular work tools such as SQL, Jira, Hubspot, and Asana to simplify goals alignment, tracking, and business review meetings. This integration makes performance reviews more accessible and efficient. Notably, over 500 leading companies like Razorpay, Veriff, Disney, Postman, Khatabook, and Exotel rely on Peoplebox to drive faster results.
Razorpay Case Study: How Razorpay executes strategy faster with Peoplebox
Khatabook Case Study: How Khatabook streamlined their performance reviews
1. Single Page
This is one of the standout features of Peoplebox. It is a single-page view app which provides a view of all company goals, team tasks, individual performances, progress reports, charts, and more. This streamlined design simplifies navigation and enhances user-friendliness, facilitating goal setting and monitoring through its straightforward and effective user interface.
2. 360-degree performance review through Slack
Peoplebox offers an excellent performance review module that you can manage entirely through Slack. With the 360-degree review you can easily handle everything from auto-updating OKRs and KPIs in real-time. It allows customizing the review process as per your needs. The platform also allows you to schedule 1:1s for data reviews. It also provides features such as nudges, reminders, self-reviews, goal check-ins, and performance tracking. All within Slack for a streamlined experience.
3. Customizable dashboards
Peoplebox provides customizable dashboards for conducting effective business reviews. You can create a personalized dashboard and add KPIs, charts, action items, and narrations to automatically track OKR progress. This helps identify potential roadblocks ahead of time, allowing teams to focus on solving them during weekly and monthly business review meetings.
4. Integration with 100+ native tools
Peoplebox integrates with over 100 native tools like Slack, Jira, Asana, MySQL, Google Sheets, Salesforce, and more. This integration ensures your goals are auto-updated in real-time across all these integrated tools. With auto-populated dashboards, you can conduct effective business reviews and weekly check-ins effortlessly.
5. KPI board
With Peoplebox’s KPI Board feature, incorporating OKRs and KPIs in your business review meetings is effortless. It makes the review process smooth and frees up more time to tackle roadblocks. It even boosts your team’s ability to execute strategic goals and achieve better outcomes.
Pros of Peoplebox
- Peoplebox is a comprehensive solution that encompasses setting and managing OKRs, business review meetings, KPI tracking, performance management, and employee engagement.
- It integrates with over 100 native tools and enables you to conduct reviews via Slack, eliminating the need for multiple tools.
- The one-on-one meeting management tool provided by Peoplebox enables managers and team members to conduct productive and regular meetings. This feature includes an agenda, note-taking, and action item tracking for effective follow-ups. It encourages better communication and collaboration among team members, resulting in more efficient outcomes.
- The user interface of Peoplebox is intuitive, making it easy to navigate and use. With OKR at the center of everything, it empowers faster delivery of strategy execution and driving outcomes.
- The Peoplebox platform offers ease of usage, allowing for seamless tracking of OKRs and historical feedback from the team. It also provides the ability to track feedback and conversations with action points, bringing transparency to the system.
Cons of Peoplebox
- Limited language options
Profit.co is a cloud-based goal-setting and management tool that helps businesses align their objectives, track progress, and achieve their goals. Similar to Microsoft Viva Goals, Profit.co offers an OKR framework, collaboration tools, progress tracking, reporting and analytics, and integration with various other tools and systems. Profit.co also offers a range of features specifically designed for customers, such as user management, and customized reporting. It offers customization options, allowing users to tailor the system to their unique needs and preferences.
1. Goal alignment and customization
The alignment capabilities allow the entire organization to align their goals with the company’s objectives. Alignment dashboards provide clarity on the company’s goals and individual contributions towards them, empowering everyone to work cohesively towards shared objectives. It also provides flexible customization that allows users to define, track, and manage objectives and key results.
2. Pre-built templates
The platform offers pre-built templates for different industries and use cases, as well as the ability to create custom templates. It has over 400 pre-built and customizable KPIs, organizations can effortlessly begin setting key results that align with their goals.
3. Comprehensive monitoring
Profit.co allows users to monitor their team’s progress through dashboards, providing a visual representation of progress, potential issues, and areas requiring corrective action. The dashboard enables users to filter and export data to gain insight into individual and department’s achievements. This empowers them to make informed decisions based on real-time data.
Pros of Profit.co
- It offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for strategy execution and performance management. This includes OKR management, progress tracking, collaboration tools, and reporting and analytics.
- It is highly customizable and allows users to tailor it to their needs and preferences. This includes customizing dashboards, reports, and templates and integrations with other tools and systems to create a seamless workflow.
- Profit. co offers excellent customer support and provides users with prompt and effective solutions to any issues or questions they may have.
Cons of Profit.co
- For first-time users, there may be a learning curve to overcome as it imposes constraints on alignment, objective-to-KR mapping, and KPI selection.
- Integration with tools like Asana can sometimes become challenging. Additionally, some users find it more convenient to use Google Sheets/Docs for adding details or write-ups about their OKRs. This results in users not checking in regularly on the OKR software.
- $7/ month, per user, billed annually
- $9/ month, per user, billed monthly
- Custom pricing for enterprises
Mooncamp is an all-in-one system that helps develop agile and purpose-driven teams. The software provides a suite of tools to boost productivity through goal setting and OKRs. It allows easy team collaboration and progress sharing and check-ins. It also allows integrations with Slack, Microsoft Excel, OneLogin, and other platforms. The Mooncamp software is popular with HR managers, small and medium-sized companies seeking to improve their team workflows.
1. Easy-to-use features
The platform offers easy editing and bulk operations, allowing you to perform functions like edit, delete, or duplicate quickly. Additionally, it allows the creation of public or private views of goals and applies filters to save them as cascades, lists, or networks. This flexibility lets users customize the platform to fit their specific needs.
2. Custom properties
Mooncamp allows adding custom properties to goals and creating new types of tasks or initiatives, all while using your company terminology. The platform’s high level of customization means that you can tailor it to meet your specific needs, giving you the flexibility to make the most out of your OKR implementation.
3. Powerful check-ins
Mooncamp offers powerful check-in features like weekly check-in reminders via email, Slack, or MS Teams to update your OKRs. It allows easy updating of your OKRs and sharing progress with the team. Aligns everyone and identifies blockers, collects feedback from teams, after each sprint to prepare talking points for the retrospective.
Pros of Mooncamp
- The weekly check-in feature helps users stay on track with their goals and share their progress with the team. This helps ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards the same objectives.
- The design is intuitive, beautiful, and powerful. This could make it easier for users to get started with the platform and navigate its features.
- Mooncamp’s high level of flexibility is one of its standout features, with the ability to define a wide range of goal types, such as objectives, goals or key results, that may suit your needs.
Cons of Mooncamp
- The software does not provide real-time tracking. The users have to refresh to update their progress and check in to see the updates reflected.
- Mooncamp currently does not offer a mobile app, which may be inconvenient for users who want to access and update their OKRs on the go.
- $6 per user and month for the essential package
- $10 per user and month for the professional package
OKR Software – Rated 4.8 on G2
Empower your managers to be a better leader with essential performance tools & personalized coaching support.
Lattice is also one of the top Microsoft Viva Goals alternatives that your team can check out. It claims to accelerate growth by bringing together both individual and organizational successes. It helps you set team goals that align with your organizational goals. The goals are set in a way that the entire organization gets transparency on how close the team members are to completing them. It even offers integrations that help you make your goals actionable.
1. Track goals in real-time
Lattice allows you to set and track your goals in real-time hassle-free. You can track goal status and progress to identify the focus areas effectively.
2. Transparency and accountability
With Lattice, you also get to establish complete transparency on your goals. Every one can track the progress of company-wide goals, therefore giving others the opportunity to pitch in if there is a roadblock they can help with to achieve them successfully.
Get detailed reports that help you understand if your employees collaborate and work together towards achieving the company goals or not. You also get historical data on performance, engagement and their continuous growth in the organization.
Pros of Lattice
- The Slack and Lattice integration has benefited a lot of their users as they can connect and engage with team members to share their performance review hassle-free.
- Their auto-save feature has helped a lot of their users save their progress even if their computers crashed.
- Shows all OKRs in place, therefore increasing transparency on their progress for all.
Cons of Lattice
- It is not everybody’s cup of tea. A lot of Lattice users have faced difficulties operating it, therefore indicating that the UI is a little complex for users.
- Setting negative goals is a little bit of a challenge when using Lattice. You can’t set goals such as keep X below Y%.
$4 per employee per month
Weekdone is a productivity tool that focuses on OKR and performance management. The platform facilitates setting up structured company goals, managing teams, and improving communication within teams. It allows for weekly tracking of plans and progress, and also supports setting quarterly objectives, planning and tracking weekly objectives, and aligning teams towards company objectives.
1. Result oriented
With a focus on results, this tool empowers you to set clear and specific goals and track them with the help of cross-team collaboration. It offers a company-wide overview, promotes transparency, and provides robust features for weekly tracking, enabling you to prioritize effectively.
2. Hierarchy view
Weeksone allows you to easily visualize the connections between OKRs in a hierarchical format. The interactive dashboards provide a comprehensive view of your goals, with color-coded progress indicators. You can choose from multiple visualization views, and easily add, align, and update OKRs across your company, departments, and teams.
3. Collaboration and Teamwork
Weekdone emphasizes teamwork and collaboration by creating a connected company environment that promotes engagement and coordination. The platform offers openly shared OKR plans and initiatives, a news feed for updates, public praise, and feedback options to enhance the culture of collaboration in the workspace.
Pros of Weekdone
- Easy goal-setting and progress tracking for individuals and teams, which helps boost productivity and accountability.
- Data-driven insights and analytics on the team and individual performance, which help identify areas for improvement and make more informed decisions.
- Provides personalized onboarding assistance and customized coaching sessions to ensure that users can effectively use the platform and maximize its potential.
Cons of Week done
- It is not suitable for complex workflows involving cross-functional teams or individuals responsible for multiple tasks.
- It has a bit of a learning curve, and users may find it challenging to establish objectives and navigate through weekly summaries.
$1620 annual package for 15 people
Now that we’ve taken a look at all the alternatives, let’s understand why businesses seek Microsoft Viva Goals competitors in the first place.
What is Microsoft Viva Goals?
Microsoft Viva Goals is a cloud-based software that helps set, track, and achieve goals. The platform offers a variety of features to help users manage their goals. Microsoft Viva Goals is designed to provide a central hub for managing goal-setting and execution.
The platform offers a variety of features and capabilities, including OKR management, progress tracking, real-time updates, collaboration tools, and reporting and analytics.
With Microsoft Viva Goals, users can create and manage multiple goals, align objectives with team and organizational objectives, assign and track progress on tasks and key results, and communicate and collaborate with team members in real time.
Pros of microsoft viva goals
1. Efficient Goal Management
Microsoft Viva Goals provides a streamlined process for setting, managing, and tracking goals. Its OKR management system is intuitive and allows teams to create and align objectives effectively.
2. Improved Collaboration
Microsoft Viva Goals offers a range of collaboration tools that enable team members to communicate, share updates, and work together more effectively. This enhances team alignment, accountability, and coordination, ultimately leading to better outcomes.
3. Real-Time Progress Tracking
With Microsoft Viva Goals, users can track progress on goals and tasks in real-time. It provides immediate visibility into performance and helps users identify and address potential issues early on.
Microsoft Viva Goals’s reporting and analytics tools provide users with data and insights that help in decision-making and improve outcomes. It also allows customization of reports and dashboards to match their specific needs and preferences.
Cons of microsoft viva goals
1. Steep Learning Curve
While the user interface is generally intuitive, it can take time for users to fully understand and utilize all of the platform’s features and capabilities. This may require additional training and support for some users, which can be time-consuming. It is not suited for companies using OKRs for the first time. Instead, it is best for companies with a good experience in the OKR setting process.
2. Limitations of View Options
There is a lack of diverse filtering options for viewing data in Microsoft Viva Goals. Which makes generating customized reports or views can be challenging. For instance, the OKR tree view does not display the entire tree on one page. It splits it into multiple pages. This limits the platform’s flexibility and adaptability, particularly for more complex or specialized use cases.
3. Limited Integrations
While Microsoft Viva Goals integrates with a range of popular tools, users may find that some of their preferred tools are not supported. It requires additional configuration or development work to integrate fully.