Did you know that 90% of companies fail to achieve their strategic goals because they fail to implement them well?
It’s a staggering statistic that highlights the importance of having a clear plan and the right tools to implement your strategy and stay on track to achieve your goals.
A goal setting software helps you set, track, review and achieve your goals more efficiently than ever before. It is an essential tool for anyone who wants to achieve their targets and their moonshot goals. It provides a structured approach to setting and tracking goals, enabling users to break down large objectives into manageable steps, prioritize tasks, and measure progress over time.
By using goal-setting software, you can increase your focus, productivity, and motivation, as well as improve accountability and discipline. It also helps stay organized, avoid procrastination, and make more informed decisions about how to allocate time and resources.
In this blog, we’ll explore the 10 best goal-setting software for keeping your teams on track.
10 Best Goal Setting Software for Keeping Teams On Track
Peoplebox is an OKR(Goals) and Strategy Execution performance management tool that helps individuals and teams set, align, track, review and achieve moonshottheir goals. Backed by Y Combinator, Peoplebox helps companies build an outcome-driven culture and faster strategy execution. It is designed to facilitate goal planning, alignment, progress tracking, and performance evaluation to achieve strategic priorities and cross-functional goals without friction.
It integrates with all work tools, including SQL, Jira, Hubspot, Asana, and more, to make goals alignment and tracking, business review meetings, and performance reviews easy and efficient.
With over 500 leading companies, such as Razorpay, Veriff, Disney, Postman, Khatabook, and Exotel, using Peoplebox to achieve faster results, it has become a reliable and trusted tool for HR leaders and managers looking to create a culture of goal-setting and achievement within their organizations.
1. Set, Align & Track Individual, Team & Company level OKRs, KPIs
Peoplebox allows businesses to set specific OKRs, as well as performance indicators at different levels within the organization, including individual, team, and company levels. It allows you to establish and monitor OKRs and KPIs across the organization, ensuring that everyone is on the same page and that the business is making progress towards its goals. This helps companies to stay on track and make informed decisions about how to allocate resources and make adjustments as needed.
2. Auto Update OKRs, KPIs & Projects with 100+ Native Integrations
Peoplebox offers seamless integration with over 100 tools, including Slack, Jira, Asana, MySQL, Outlook, Google Sheets, MS Teams, Salesforce, BambooHR, and many more. This integration enables your goals to update automatically in real-time, based on the data received from these tools. Moreover, you can generate dashboards that are automatically populated for your business reviews and weekly check-ins.
3. Integrate OKRs with performance management for 360°performance reviews on Slack
With Slack integration, you can control every aspect of the interface. The 360-degree review feature enables you to manage all aspects of performance reviews. This includes real-time auto-updates of OKRs and KPIs, automatic scheduling of 1:1s for data reviews, and customizable review processes. You can manage every little detail, from nudges, reminders, and self-reviews to goal check-ins, etc. You can track the entire performance review process right from Slack.
4. Customized dashboards for business reviews
With Peoplebox, you can tailor your business review dashboards to your specific needs. You can add KPIs, narratives, charts, and action items to automatically track progress towards your OKRs. This feature enables you to hold productive weekly and monthly business review meetings by identifying obstacles in advance, allowing teams to concentrate on resolving them.
5. On-demand OKR Coaching
Peoplebox also offers an on-demand OKR coaching service, which helps your teams establish OKRs that align with your organization’s strategy, resulting in widespread adoption throughout the company. Their coaching guides ensure that each team’s OKRs are well-defined and attainable, leading to successful goal achievement.
Pros of Peoplebox
- It is a comprehensive platform that offers performance management, employee engagement, and goal setting in one convenient tool. With features such as OKRs, KPI tracking, and business review meetings, you can manage your team’s progress towards their OKRs seamlessly.
- It simplifies the OKRs by breaking them down and providing a clear roadmap of what needs to be accomplished. This enables users to monitor progress and maintain an accurate record of goal achievement.
- Peoplebox stands out for its single-page software design, which provides a comprehensive overview of the company’s objectives, team tasks, individual performances, progress reports, charts, and more.
- It has a user-friendly interface which streamlines the goal-setting and monitoring process, making it easy to use and navigate. The simplicity and effectiveness of its UI help to promote efficient tracking of progress towards goals.
Cons of Peoplebox
- Users can sometimes feel intimidated by the real-time insights if they are not on track for their goal setting and achievement.
- Supports only English for now
Leapsome is an OKR tool which empowers organizations to establish, monitor, and fulfil their objectives. This software offers a diverse set of features and capabilities, such as personalized dashboards, integrations with a variety of tools, live monitoring of progress, and tools for enhancing employee engagement.
1. Goals and OKRs
Leapsome keeps a tab on your company’s objectives, irrespective of the process or framework you employ. It offers customized OKR frameworks and reduces quarterly administrative tasks.
2. Performance reviews
It helps you conduct straightforward performance evaluations, agile project assessments, 360-degree reviews, and confidential leadership assessments.
3. Private feedback, public praise
It allows you to share valuable feedback with your colleagues privately, aiding them in developing their skills and enhancing their performance. It also lets you acknowledge accomplishments and commend the outstanding efforts of your colleagues by providing public appreciation.
Pros of Leaposme
- Leapsome enables users to create personalized OKR frameworks that align with their distinct requirements and objectives.
- The goal tree feature of Leapsome allows linking company, team, and individual objectives that emphasize the ownership and interdependence of OKRs.
- The feedback tool is remarkably efficient, and its integration with Slack is immensely convenient.
Cons of Leapsome
- Leapsome does not support an extensive array of tools. Many project management or analytics tools are not compatible with it.
- It requires proper training and onboarding for users to effectively use the tool
3. Profit. co
Profit. co is another OKR management software worth exploring, which assists users in implementing their strategies and follows an OKR-focused approach. Using Profit. co, you can devise a quarterly cycle of OKR planning and execution, while receiving real-time updates on task progress.
1. Goal setting
Profit. co enables easy goal-setting with its intuitive goal-setting software. It supports businesses in staying on course with their goals, helps them prioritize objectives, saves time, engages employees, and implements strategies with limited resources.
2. 7 types of key results tracking
It enables you to track any type of objective using 7 different key result types. It also offers measurable key result types for the quantifiable outcome and trackable key result types for non-measurable ones.
3. Ease of use
The platform is user-friendly and provides a built-in, step-by-step guide and templates for implementing OKRs. The tool also provides easily accessible reviews, weekly check-ins, and progress reports on OKRs.
Pros of Profit. co
- It has over 400 inbuilt and customizable KPIs that you can effortlessly begin establishing your key results.
- The dashboard is visually appealing, incorporating graphs and charts for monitoring progress.
Cons of Profit. co
- The integration system could benefit from being more robust, as it can be challenging to utilize integrations within the tool at times.
- The system can be overwhelming for new users due to its many features. They may find it difficult to understand how the features work together.
Asana is a project and task management tool for teams of all sizes and industries. It offers an extensive set of features that promote efficient workflow management, seamless collaboration, and goal attainment. Asana is a comprehensive platform for tracking progress and working collaboratively in a shared space.
1. Project management
With its strong project planning feature, Asana enables users to stay on track with their timelines, manage work requests, and initiate projects more efficiently. You can create project timelines, establish milestones and dependencies, and track progress visually through timelines and Gantt charts.
2. Moderated visibility of feedback
Asana offers controlled visibility with its private and comment-only project features, which help safeguard sensitive work and ensure that no one can modify data.
3. Real-time reports
Asana provides real-time project reports through dashboards that consolidate project data in one place. This feature enables users to monitor progress, track completed and pending tasks, and display KPIs in one place.
Pros of Asana
- Asana is a versatile project management tool that can help streamline both small and large-scale projects.
- The intuitive UI makes it easy for non-tech individuals as well to navigate and use the platform for simple features.
- The platform offers several customization options.
Cons of Asana
- It is more expensive than other OKR tools available specially for small businesses or startups with limited budgets.
- The tool might feel overwhelming for beginners to navigate and utilize the entire platform effectively due to its many features.
Engagedly is another OKR tool that focuses on people and strategy, utilizing a People Success Model that aims to bridge the gap between the two. This model is based on a 3-pillar framework, which aligns organizational strategy with people strategy by focusing on performance execution, development enablement, and people engagement.
1. Goal setting and tracking
Engagedly enables the creation of personalized check-ins and indicators to monitor progress, assisting employees in measuring their performance against company objectives.
The tool offers a centralized dashboard that is both comprehensive and interactive. This dashboard provides a clear view of key metrics, enabling managers to identify top performers and access detailed reports to develop plans.
3. Employee engagement
Engagedly promotes idea sharing and innovation which enables employees to engage with others and participate in company goals. It also works to enhance communication among employees and encourage cultural alignment within the organization.
Pros of Engagedly
- Engagedly has a centralized location for everyone to monitor progress and goal-tracking features for the company, team, and individual goals.
- It is a very flexible tool when it comes to giving and receiving feedback.
- The initial setup may require some effort. However, the tool is relatively straightforward to use once it’s up and running.
Cons of Engagedly
- Some users have reported technical issues and glitches with Engagedly, which can hinder the performance and efficiency of the platform.
- The performance review process can improve to make it smoother, as it currently requires to be done manually.
6. Microsoft Viva Goals
Microsoft Viva Goals is a cloud-based tool that simplifies goal setting, tracking, and achievement. It serves as a central hub for managing goal-setting and execution. It has various features, such as OKR management, progress tracking, collaboration tools, and reporting and analytics.
Microsoft Viva Goals facilitates easy collaboration with colleagues on OKR planning. The platform offers multiple visual displays for alignment, enabling users to track collaboration and align their OKRs with team and organizational objectives.
Microsoft Viva Goals offers a broad range of data visibility and tools to engage with information and colleagues. Users can follow or pin people, teams, and reports within the platform to keep track of their progress. They can like and comment on their activity to show support and foster collaboration.
3. Review Dashboard
The Review Dashboard feature of Microsoft Viva Goals offers a visual way to organize and present data for different types of communication at different levels of the organization. It includes all-hands meetings and quarterly business reviews at the organizational level, stand-ups and bi-weekly progress updates at the team level, and one-on-ones at the individual level.
Pros of Microsoft Viva Goals
- The social features of Viva Goals help improve communication and teamwork among colleagues.
- By using the Review Dashboard, colleagues can collaborate, review data, identify risks, and stay focused on achieving company goals.
Cons of Microsoft Viva Goals
- The UI is user-friendly, however, mastering all the features and capabilities of the platform may require a learning curve for some users.
- Generating customized reports or views can be challenging in Microsoft Viva Goals due to the limited options for filtering data.
ClickUp is a popular project management and productivity tool designed to help teams of all sizes streamline their workflow and manage projects more effectively. It offers a range of features and capabilities that can be customized to fit the unique needs of each team.
1. Collaboration capabilities
ClickUp allows users to assign tasks, leave comments, and communicate with team members in real time. You can create shared spaces dedicated to projects or teams, and invite relevant members to participate. This helps teams stay on track and ensures that everyone is working towards the same goals.
ClickUp also offers a range of automation options that can help teams save time and reduce manual work. For example, users can set up automatic notifications and reminders, create custom workflows, and set up recurring tasks.
3. Task Management tool
ClickUp’s task management is a versatile feature. It can be customized to suit your needs. It offers you the ability to create tasks, set deadlines, assign them to team members, and attach descriptions, comments, and files.
Pros of ClickUp
- It allows users to create a variety of task types, including lists, boards, calendars, and tables. This means that teams can choose the format that best fits their workflow and preferences.
- You can add custom fields and tags on ClickUp to organize your tasks based on priority, status, or any other criteria you choose.
- The intuitive UI of ClickUp makes it effortless for teams to get started and navigate through the tool easily.
Cons of ClickUp
- The platform can experience some slow loading times when handling larger projects.
- The integration with other applications, like Google Calendar, can sometimes be tricky and require some improvement.
Lattice is a performance management tool that provides comprehensive features for HR professionals, managers, and employees. The platform helps organizations streamline their performance management processes, set goals and objectives, give and receive feedback, and encourage their employees.
1. Goal Setting
With Lattice, employees and managers can set and track individual, team, and company-wide goals. The platform also offers features such as cascading goals, goal progress tracking, and check-ins to keep everyone aligned and on track towards achieving their objectives.
2. 360 degree feedback
Lattice also provides a 360-degree feedback system that allows employees to receive feedback from their peers, managers, and other stakeholders. The platform offers customizable templates for feedback, as well as the ability to schedule regular check-ins and reviews.
3. Performance reviews
Lattice offers performance reviews and employee engagement surveys. It allows managers to conduct performance evaluations, track progress, and provide feedback to employees.
Pros of Lattice
- Lattice’s engagement surveys allow organizations to measure employee satisfaction and gather insights to improve the employee experience.
- Its evaluation tools are highly effective in monitoring employee performance and guiding them towards achieving their objectives.
- Lattice has a robust review system that allows for goal tracking and feedback which brings transparency and creates clarity, giving employees the necessary context for management decisions.
Cons of Lattice
- It needs some level of technical know-how to effectively set up and utilize Lattice.
- The OKR management is somewhat difficult as it poses a challenge for users who want to access individual, departmental, and company goals.
Weekdone is another productivity tool that facilitates the setting of company goals, team alignment, and management, while also allowing for individual performance tracking based on task progress. It is efficient in tracking OKRs and providing feedback to improve performance.
1. OKR Alignment
Weekdone makes it easy to set and align OKRs across the organization, with goals and progress visible to all team members. The platform also provides KPI tracking and color-coded OKR tracking to ensure that everyone has a clear view of the organization’s strategy.
Weekdone prioritizes engagement and coordination by fostering a connected company environment. The platform offers openly shared OKR plans and initiatives, a news feed for updates, public praise, and feedback options, among other features, to cultivate a collaborative workspace culture.
3. Visualize OKR hierarchy
Weekdone offers a comprehensive overview of goals and their connections through interactive dashboards. With multiple visualization views to choose from, it’s easy to add, align, and update OKRs across the company, department, and team levels.
Pros of Weekdone
- With features like news feeds, public praise, and feedback options, Weekdone encourages a more connected and engaged work environment.
- Users can choose from multiple visualization options to see their OKRs in a way that makes the most sense for their team or department.
- The platform offers detailed analytics and reporting features to help teams measure their progress. It also creates automated reports that help you identify areas for improvement.
Cons of Weekdone
- Weekdone’s onboarding can be challenging without assistance which makes it difficult for new users to get started with the platform.
- It may not be the best choice for complicated workflows involving cross-functional teams or individuals with multiple tasks.
Perdoo is an OKR management tool that allows teams and organizations to set, track, and achieve their objectives and key results. It emphasizes employee engagement and helps businesses stay aligned and focused on their goals. It provides a user-friendly interface for teams to collaborate and stay engaged.
1. KPIs and OKRs
Perdoo helps you track KPIs alongside your OKRs to fully align them with your strategy. It enables you to create insightful connections and gain a deeper understanding of the progress being made towards your objectives. You can even set an OKR to improve a KPI and work towards achieving both simultaneously.
Perdoo helps you adapt quickly and make informed decisions based on real-time data. It also stores those learnings for future reference. With the ability to build custom reports and dashboards, Perdoo helps you identify issues and course-correct as needed.
3. Easy Check-ins
Perdoo allows you to seamlessly share your achievements, challenges, and progress to keep everyone informed and aligned. Regular check-ins provide opportunities to improve 1:1s and remove recency bias from performance reviews, allowing you to achieve more goals and make more progress over time.
Pros of Perdoo
- With Perdoo you can make the OKR method a team effort, promoting visibility and accountability for all team members.
- Perdoo enables you to have both a high-level view of strategy and a detailed view of level-by-level goals within the same app.
- The Check-ins function is quite helpful for establishing a strong level of accountability.
Cons of Perdoo
- If a strategy or roadmap contains a lot of detail, it can be challenging to have a comprehensive, high-level view of the plan. You would need to zoom out of the page to see only a portion of the entire map.
- The app is not bug-free which disturbs the functioning of some features.
A goal setting software can be a game-changer for teams looking to improve their productivity and accountability in 2023. The 10 tools listed in this blog offer unique features to help teams set, track, and achieve their goals. From Peoplebox’s high focus on successful OKR implementation and goal setting to Lattice’s user-friendly interface, and Weekdone’s collaboration features, there is a solution for every team’s needs.
By using goal-setting software, your teams can streamline their processes, improve communication, and ultimately achieve their objectives more efficiently.